Thursday, January 5, 2012

Excuses, Excuses

Life has been getting in the way of my Pesach project. Or, to be more blunt, I have been neglecting the project. After all, it’s easy to theorize, the holiday is still months away! The stores are having their clearance sales now. There is plenty of time.

Yeah.

Right?

When I first thought about this Pesach endeavor, I wondered how it would be possible to make Pesach in an apartment such as the one I live in. My apartment is a walk-through. This means, (for anyone not living in tight-Brooklyn quarters): You enter the home, walk through the living ‘room’ to get to the dining ‘room’, the dining room to get to the kitchen and then you pass through the kitchen to reach the bedrooms and single bathroom. In short, my question was this: How would it be possible to make Pesach in an apartment where the kitchen in smack in the middle of everything?!?!? The eye of the storm!

I was discussing this with my sister-in-law. She advised me to begin with whatever I can do now, like the little office room my husband closed off from the parlor area before we moved in, closets, bedrooms etc… When it gets closer to the fact, I’ll do the rest.

My main concern, though, was how to get the kids to stop spreading chometz throughout the house? They keep taking nosh to the computer in the office! I need the ‘babysitting’ which the Uncle Moishy DVDs (and other video clips) on the computer provide – how else can I get anything done with the little guys’ non-stop demands unless I hypnotize them with something? I know, it sounds like I’m a bad mother, and maybe I am, but I can’t be their gopher 24/7 or I’d never get anything done! Toys are not always the solution. (Why is it that they always have to fight over the same toy or “Mommy, he touched my game!” etc…?) So, for now, I cannot completely lock up the office room, though I have tried to limit their presence in it.

As of now, the task at hand is daunting. I have Pesach-cleaned all of two shelves. Chometz found: One box of chocolate (that I knew was there, but which I moved to a kitchen cabinet anyway.)

Have a good Shabbos.



No comments:

Post a Comment