Tuesday, January 17, 2012

An Explosion Of Excitement

Just as I am applying the finishing touches to my first Pesach-cleaned room of 2012 (!) and starting to think that maybe, just maybe everything might be finished in time for the holiday, a new turn of events crops up. It is so unexpected, yet long overdue that I am thrilled by the timing but concerned at the same time that it may threaten the outcome of my Pesach Project. Just in case things were progressing too simply, too smoothly, too much in the mundane zone of things, life decided it was time to throw in a curve ball.

If only every wrinkle in the tissue paper of life were so exciting: My brother became a chosson. Mazel Tov! What a simcha! He is 28. The kallah is 25. Everything is lebedik, joyful, beautiful. Blissful serenity is suddenly interrupted by a sonic BOOM – they want to make the wedding before Pesach.

It’s either before Pesach or after Shavuos. The bride’s family does not believe in making weddings on Lag B’Omer. They feel that after Shavuos would be too long a wait, so they want to rush it before Pesach. That means the wedding will be in approximately two months, mere weeks before Pesach. Who has time for this? (Okay, that was a joke. I will go to my brother’s wedding ANY time. Too bad I can’t pick it.)

Now that we have a family wedding in the near future, my Pesach cleaning will be in direct competition with my wedding preparations. Searching for gowns and simcha attire for all the kiddies; various related planning (will we siblings be making a joint sheva brachos?) running around and travelling upstate where the shebang is taking place, etc…

Here I was, a week ago, already thinking how there was not enough time in the day to get it all done, and now there’s (Baruch Hashem) more to do. Of course, this is a very fortunate turn of events, though as Murphy’s Law goes, it was bound to happen when the timing would prove challenging.

Well, this just means that I’ll have to be more organized; more focused; and get more accomplished in less time.

I’m up for the challenge.



No comments:

Post a Comment